2022 Certification Testing
Testing will be offered at the 2022 Workshop in San Diego! Remote testing will be offered after the conclusion of workshop, dates to be determined.
- Testing is available to members only
- Both TFC and Proctor contracts as well as payment of testing fee must be complete and received by TBD
- Receipt of contracts and testing fee will complete registration
- Tests will be released to proctor once membership is verified and payments received
- Tests must be turned in no later than Monday TBD – see contract for details
- Please review contract terms carefully – There will be no refunds of testing fees
In 2018 we embarked on a new era!
Our organization has worked for seventeen years through three Presidents and numerous Board Members and TFCA Members to present the first Transplant Financial Coordinator’s Certification examination. We are excited to forge ahead to professionalize our important role in Transplant.
The exam is open to all members of the TFCA at the TFCA Annual Conference/Workshop. Please pay your annual membership fee to utilize the Resource Guide as your ultimate study material for the test. Membership is required to take the exam. Plan ahead, to allow the TFCA to verify your membership.
If you are attending the Conference/Workshop, please note there is a testing fee of $50.00 which is in addition to your other Conference fees.
Congratulations to the 2019 group of Certified Transplant Financial Coordinators!
Certification process for the TFC
The mission of the Transplant Financial Coordinators Association, a non-profit professional organization, is to coordinate the dissemination of useful information related to Transplant Finance. Our goal is to ensure we provide accurate financial information to our patients and their families in a compassionate and tactful manner, while maximizing reimbursement for our transplant centers. Assuring a healthcare organization’s financial viability during economic crisis is contingent upon the overall ability to employ financial strategies that drive maximum reimbursement.
This is accomplished through:
- Continuous education of the Transplant Financial Coordinator, our patients and their families, third party payors, and our transplant centers;
- information networking to share our collective knowledge; advocating for our patients, their families, and our transplant centers with third party payors and governmental bodies;
- working cooperatively with other members of our transplant teams to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients.
The Transplant Financial Coordinators Association is requesting financial support of the certification process to promote continued derived financial benefits within your organization. Continued development and education of trained and skilled transplant financial professionals is a vital component to assure maximum reimbursement. The TFCA is investigating a collaborative effort to create and manage a certification examination. The initial development process will cost approximately $30,000 – $40,000. We ask your support for TFCA by contributing $1,000 to provide continued education and certification for this valued financial professional.