Website Providence Health
Financial Coordinator – Heart Transplant
Providence is calling a Financial Coordinator – Transplant (1.0 FTE, Days) to Heart Organ Acquisition at Mother Joseph Plaza Portland in Portand, OR
We are seeking Financial Coordinator – Transplant who will play an integral role in assisting patients with the critical function of financial planning for their transplant surgery, VAD implant, and future medical needs as well as assuring transplant department billing compliance. The primary responsibility of the Transplant Financial Coordinator is to assess patient’s insurance coverage and financial situation for transplantation and immunosuppressant drug coverage. The Transplant Financial Coordinator is also a key member of the transplant program and must provide up to date and accurate input on patient financial clearance for transplantation and VAD implants. Performs all other duties as assigned.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities :
- Review referred and wait listed patient insurance to determine coverage and eligibility prior to scheduling.
- Obtain full medical and dental benefit information, including travel and lodging for transplant. Obtain insurance authorizations for VAD, pre, peri, and post-transplant patients. Complete patient interview to assess full financial status and needs.
- Counsel patients undergoing evaluation as to the financial impact of transplant and VAD therapy, review their financial statement, and immunosuppressant drug charges and provide patients with paperwork describing their out-of-pocket expenses pre, peri, and post-transplant and VAD.
- Coordinate with the Transplant Social Worker for assistance in obtaining grants, special assistance funds, as well as providing information to the social worker on potential compliance or other pertinent issues.
- Prepare for and participate in Patient Selection Committee meetings in terms of financial clearance of potential transplant candidate and VAD patients.
- Assist in resolving financial problems for transplant program patients, which includes both verbal and written correspondence with insurance companies, hospitals, physician billing services, patients, and other groups.
- Enter all necessary data and documentation into the electronic medical record.
- Remain abreast of all Federal and State regulations regarding organ transplant reimbursement issues.
- Assist customers in contacting third party providers or insurance companies to resolve issues as appropriate. Provide follow-up on internal and external customer calls in a timely manner to ensure comprehensive and complete service in meeting patients’ needs.
- Maintain knowledge of state and federal Medicaid/Medicare assistance programs/requirements, Oregon Health Plan, Oregon Medical Insurance Pool, evaluating patient’s financial and medical records to determine eligibility for programs
- Collect and maintain time-study data for purposes of reporting pre- and post-transplant time.
- Prepare invoices with the appropriate account and sub-account and enters them into WebNow for processing
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Associate’s Degree or three years of experience in a related field
- TFCA certification within 2 years of hire date.
- Certification as a Community Partner with OHP within 6 months of hire date.
For more information and to apply please visit https://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/portland-or/financial-coordinator-heart-transplant/E0E65B9D6A8E49749F74EF1AE68D70FA/job/
To apply for this job please visit www.providenceiscalling.jobs.